Saturday, January 21, 2012

Shorts… in January

Today in Denver the weather was an amazingly sunny 60 degrees. Because of work schedules, I have been unable to take advantage of other good weather days this week. When I saw the forecast last night, I decided to “attempt” to run before a memorial service for a friend this morning, but in all honesty, knew I could not resist running in the afternoon.
Running in shorts is incredible. During the winter months, it feels like getting ready takes forever with checking the forecast, figuring out the layers, figuring out the order of the layers, and then finally getting dressed. It is also so easy to forget what my legs actually look like. Needless to say, today, I dressed in under three minutes for my 12 mile run after choosing a pair of shorts and a short sleeved tech shirt.
It is amazing how a pair of shorts and a little warm weather with sunshine can make a twelve mile run alone seem so glorious! I know that tomorrow will likely be back to the layers (I do think we are forecasted for a snow dusting), but for today, I will revel in the remembrance of what my legs look like and will continue to long for and appreciate the all too timely arrival of spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment