Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankfulness

Thankfulness seems to be the buzz word this time of year. I really love Thanksgiving and I love the fact that it is such a reminder to take time out to be thankful, but I also really love that there are things I am thankful for every day, even if I do not realize it. Yes, I am thankful for the classic list of things: grace, forgiveness, love, family, friends, jobs, a house, food, and the list goes on. Don’t get me wrong, I am not downplaying the importance of anyone of these things we are thankful for, but I also want to take some time to be thankful for the little things that are so often taken for granted.
Ben and I went running yesterday morning and had the most amazing clear view of the front range of the Rocky Mountains for a good part of our run. I am so thankful that I have the eyes with which to see that awesome wonder. I am also so thankful that I have feet and legs that allow me to get outside and run, and not just to run, but to enjoy running. I am thankful that my body is healthy enough to work out on a regular basis. I am thankful for a running partner and I am Thankful for people who support us while we run.  I am thankful for good shoes and good gear. I am thankful for a gym membership on nasty days and weight lifting days. I am thankful for sunshine and warm rain. I am thankful for trails and new scenery. I am thankful for races and opportunities to meet new people. The list could go on around things I am thankful for related to running and fitness, but I will stop… for now.
While it can be very difficult this time of year to get up and work out, I challenge you (I need this too) to think of something related to being active you can be thankful for every time you are debating whether or not you should do that run,  head to the gym to lift, or do that work out. Being thankful for the little forgotten things can help put life into a new perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment