Thursday, September 1, 2011

The beginning...

I have been thinking a lot lately about how to share my experiences of life, running and balance with others. Previously, I had been pretty anti-blogging because who really wants to read about my life? I realized, however, that I have been reading blogs a lot more lately for recipe ideas, work out ideas, reviews of races and so much more. After running the Gore-Tex Transrockies Race last week (more on this later) and wanting a way to summarize and share it, I have decided to start a blog. Often, running blogs and reviews come from runners who are "good" athletes. Well, I am not going to lie. I really do wish I could be "good" runner who has a sponsorship and could go really really fast (and look good while doing it). I have had to come to grips with the fact that this is not and never will be a reality, however, I do love running and will continue to do it as long as I am able.

My goal with this blog is to not only review races but to write about the experience of being an average person who runs for lots of different reasons but is, and realistically will continue to be, a mid-packer.

No comments:

Post a Comment